Well, during the short layover at Seoul airport I was able to upload the posting I wrote on the first flight and check email, courtesy of the free airport wifi. Got news from "Daughter-in-the-Water" and her husband that there was fighting going on somewhere in Cambodia. Checked CNN and found out the Thais and
Cambodians are at it again over some thousand year old temple that's in dispute because it sits right on the border between the two countries.Supposedly artillery shells have been flying in both directions and there have been a few casualties. That's it boys, way to preserve a "world heritage" site! Doubt we will be near that particular site but will check with the pro leading this gaggle tomorrow.
Second flight (Seoul to Phnom Penh) was aboard a 737. Many more"round eyes" on this one. Apparently a lot of Americans going to Cambodia. Noticed several college age kids as well as folks closer to my age. Was going to use a more colorful euphemism for us "seniors", but not sure who all is reading this.
Food on this flight was more typical of airline food although the spicy beef was good. All packaging was in Korean so not sure what it all was. Side dish of something resembling a white custard had absolutely no flavor, so I opened the packet of sauce that came with it and put that on top. Not what I expected! The sauce was hot and spicy. Well, I guess that was NOT meant to be dessert!
Always found it a bit disconcerting when I see people with surgical masks board a plane, or any where else for that matter.Wonder if they are contagious or just cautious. But that might just be an Asian thing, as you seem to see it a lot more in this part of the world. Kind of like Italians bundling up when it isn't even cold outside.
This flight a little bumpier. Smaller plane and I seem to remember flying over the South China Sea and Gulf of Tonkin was always a little choppy. It's been a long time. I have a lot of memories of Phnom Penh airport from the days I used to fly for Uncle Sam's "no frills" airlines. Now I'll actually get to see more than just the airport.
Well, it's going to be nearly 11 pm when I arrive in Phnom Penh and God only knows what time my body is going to think it is,so I'm going to get some shuteye. Will upload this after I arrive. Good night!
Be Careful!!!
ReplyDelete