So, I left New Hartford at 4:00 am (o dark thirty in military parlance)and arrived ay JFK around 10. Trip was smooth until I hit Tappan Zee bridge. Congestion was so bad that I jumped on Palasaides Parkay to GW bridge. Smooth sailing again until Whitestone bridge which was down to one lane. After bridge good again vbut the I678 was jammed by some idiot that couldn't keep from hitting something. Jumped off the interstate and took 130th St down to JFK Parkway thanks to GPS on the iPhone. I checked in with Korean Air and then dropped off the rental.
Made it thru security. Of course they checked my backpack/camera case. Expected that. Just hate to have anyone handle it and realize how damn heavy it is. Have to learn to stop grimacing when I pick it up before I get to the gate.
So here I sit in terminal one enjoying a Mexican Panini and a Sam Adams. I have a feeling this flight is not full and hope to get some sleep. Boarding at 12:10 for 12:40 departure. Then in a short 21 hours I should be in Cambodia. For those who are tempted to call me, remember it is 12 hours different.
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment