The other big issue for me is getting to JFK, my least favorite international airport. There is nothing wrong with the airport per se, it's getting there that is the problem. I have seen it take 3 hours to get from the Whitestone bridge to JFK, that's how bad the traffic can be. Then there is the cost of parking your car. Long term parking is $18 per day and I will be gone 12 days. So I am considering a rental vehicle down and taking Amtrak back home. The rental down is about $100 but coming back here from JFK, they want $170. Bye bye savings on the parking. The train is only $45 each way but there is no train early enough on the 4th to make my flight to Seoul. I'll have to finalize those plans next week.
Got my visa as you can see above. This was really cool. I did it over the internet. Uploaded my "passport" picture taken for free by AAA (advantage of being a "PLUS" member), filled out the application and charged the $25 fee to my visa. One day later I get a pdf file with my e-visa. And you thought I was going to a thrid world country!
OK. Back to work. More later.

No comments:
Post a Comment